London

Our presentation to the COO at the client apparently didn’t go very well. We were given a second chance to deliver some data analysis to make up for it. I had to fly red-eye mid-week after working a full day at ING. After arriving in London, the hotel manager kindly (notice the italics) informs me that he doesn’t have a room for me. I was complaining as loudly as I could to my co-worker David on the phone so that everyone in the lobby could hear. Not only does the manager not apologize, he kindly informs me that check in time is noon! I’m dying for a shower, and I ended up having to take it in my co-workers room. It was pretty hectic too because we had to be at the Brit office for 9:30am meeting. The 4 working days were long and tough. I ended up working part of the weekend as well. We delivered in 4 business days what usually takes weeks or months. It was brutal.
The good part was that I got to re-take the photos that didn’t turn out on my first trip to London. I got to see the British Museum (the Museum of Natural History is still my fave) and Madame Tussaud’s as well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home