Monday, June 05, 2006

Informatica Assessment for one week


After talking about it for months, I finally have plane tickets and hotel reservations in hand for Germany. After missing my connecting flight in Amsterdam, I requested direct flights whenever possible. My admin assistant told me that the only direct flight on the Saturday night was going to cost $4000, so I settled for an indirect flight via Munich. Well, wouldn’t ya know it – I missed my connecting flight in Munich. Luckily for me this time, it was on a weekend, so I didn’t have to be at the client offices for a meeting or anything. After checking into my tiny room at the Savoy Hotel in Frankfurt, I noticed that it was freezing. It was time for dinner, so I decided to change rooms after coming back. As we were approaching our hotel, I observed out loud that there were fire trucks outside the hotel. Most times, they’re false alarms, and that’s what I was expecting until I saw the firefighters mopping up the water. I get back to my room to find that my bathroom is partially flooded. Good thing all of my stuff was sealed in plastic containers. The assessment itself went pretty smoothly, and the client’s offices were interesting. We got to sample different kinds of cuisine throughout the week. The photo is from our first dinner at a Spanish tapas restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home