Saturday, December 18, 2010

leaving Meizhou


The next few days in Meizhou were uneventful, which was a good thing. I managed to get caught up on all of my emails (yes, including work), watch TV and just chill. I needed it before a crazy trip through Malaysia and Singapore. My cousin and his wife took me to the heart of the shopping district one night because I was curious about the Li Ning and 361 brands. It turned out that their stuff wasn't that cheap, so I didn't end up buying anything. I actually had an ulterior motive. I wanted to see what products they were interested in so that I could get them something. They were so nice to my dad and I during our stay, I wanted to get something special. I ended up going back the next day and getting some useful items like hangers and plastic food containers from the department store.

After a smooth check out from the hotel, we headed to my uncle's place. I had to do a bit of repacking because I had to be a mule for some stuff back to Hong Kong and Toronto. My dad, uncle and cousin saw me off at the airport. Luckily I only had a small rolling duffel. There was no concept of checked luggage on this plane, and you had to carry your suitcase onto the plane with you. It was a good thing the flight was only half full. My duffel was too big for the overhead compartment, so I put it in the seat beside me. My first thought was my dad's 2 giant suitcases. I really hope that he leaves one behind...

My uncle Fai Wah picked me up at the airport, and we went back to his place so that I could unload all of the food that my uncle #7 asked me to bring for him. My uncle #7 predicted that he would complain, and he did. My uncle Fai Wah doesn't like being a mule, and doesn't ask other people to be a mule for him. My uncle #7 says that he will complain, and yet he'll enjoy the food immensely. Funny uncles...

I went to check in across the street, and went for an early dinner with uncle and aunt #2. I had to be at the airport by 6am the next day, so it was an early night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home