Sunday, December 12, 2010

a really long day

My friend Caro flies to Hong Kong every year and racked up a lot of miles when we were both working in Europe (she worked there longer than I did). She has Elite status and was generous enough to give me a lounge pass. Good thing she gave it to me, as my dad insisted that I get to the airport early. My flight was delayed by half an hour, so I made the most out of the lounge. I was dreading the 15.5 hour direct flight, but it went by quickly as I watched 3 movies (Inception, Toy Story 3 and The Other Guys), 2 episodes of Glee, read the newspaper and my book. When my uncle picked me up at the airport, I was still pretty full of energy. My uncle wanted to take me for Korean BBQ, but the restaurant was fully booked. We ended up going for simple Chinese fare at the New Century Plaza that is really close to his home. It was an early night as I felt my energy level plummet during dinner. The Royal Plaza Hotel that my uncle booked was a really good one. I ended up staying there every time I was in HK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home