Wednesday, November 29, 2006

back to work =(

After a blissful 3 weeks off, it's time for me to get back to reality. I started working at SOCAN earlier this week. You can read up on them at http://www.socan.ca. It is a refreshing change from the financial industry, and I'm sure it will have its own challenges. The commute is 10-20 minutes (depending on traffic) by car, but about 45 minutes from door-to-door by TTC. They are located at Leslie and York Mills, so I take the subway to York Mills and then the bus. I would have loved to have driven, but parking is $9/day! Most people at SOCAN work a 4 day work week, so I can park there for free on Mondays and Fridays, but I couldn't be bothered.

The area has changed a bit since I worked there last (about 12 years ago), and there are lots of restaurants nearby, which is nice. There is also a Nine West outlet within walking distance of the office. So far, the people seem really nice, and the facilities are pretty good. Spring is a happy camper...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home