whirlwind return home

I was so busy wrapping up things at work before my trip that I didn't even have time to update my BLOG to say that I was coming home for my sister's wedding. Now I can't update my BLOG with all the gory details because I'm so busy catching up... Here are the highlights:
I get up early because I'm going to try taking National Rail to Gatwick from London Bridge station. After running to catch my train, I arrive at Gatwick without incident. Unfortunately, Gatwick is a zoo. I've never seen such a crowded airport in my LIFE. It was so crowded that I was forced into budding into the security line (much to the chagrin of the 2 American women behind me). Just in case you're wondering, I was allowed to bring a carry-on bag, but my lipstick had to go into the suitcase. After a smooth flight home (apart from the squishy seats), I went to my parents place for a happy reunion with my family.
The next 48 hours were a flurry of errands, shopping, eating (oink oink), and catching up with friends, co-workers and ex-co-workers. My friend Fay came just for the wedding, and stayed at my place. The day after Andbuty's wedding (separate BLOG entry for that) was nice and quiet. I slept in, packed, cleaned and put my guest Fay to work by having her heat up leftovers for lunch. ;) We met up with James and Done at the nearby Tim Horton's (how Canadian, eh?) and chatted for a bit. Just when we thought our stomachs couldn't take another bite, we went for another 10 course meal. This was the traditional "introduce-the-son-in-law" dinner.
After getting up at 4:15am, Fay and I went to my parents place to drop off the car and the keys before the airport limo whisked us off to Pearson. It was a nice smooth ride back to London with my spacious bulk head seat (lots o' leg room). I was still tired though, fell asleep on the Tube, and nearly missed my station. After getting home and unpacking a bit, I finally went to bed at 2am London time with many happy memories.
Here's a photo of Lori, Luna, Georges, Fay, Faye and I having dinner at Ichiban.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home