Magnificient Mile

Most people who know me, know that I'm a huge shopaholic. One of the reasons I chose the Sutton Place hotel in Chicago is because it's within walking distance of North Michigan Avenue. My favorite store by far on the Mile was Filene's Basement. It was like Winners, but with high end labels. After trying about 20 outfits on, I only ended up buying a skirt, trouser socks and blouse because I had to save money for my trip to Europe.
I am also in the market for a nice purse (I am a freak when it comes to accessories), and noticed that the service at the high end stores (e.g. Gucci) was not snooty at all. It is indicative of the tough economic times we live in, I guess.
I don't care what anybody says - shopping is hard work. I was so beat at the end of the day that I took the train (and still had to walk) to a Lou Malnati's location closer to the Gold Coast. Apparently they have the best deep dish pizza in town. It was good, but not worth the 35 minute wait.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home