hobo no longer

So for those of you who are keeping score, the statistics are finally in:
- 6 places in 5 weeks
- 4 flats and 2 hotels
- 4 taxi rides, 1 Heathrow Express, 2 London Underground rides, 2 Deutsche Bahn rides, 2 flights, and 2 very long walks to move between places
- 1 busted up suitcase
My place is just south of London Bridge in the south-southeast part of London. There is one bedroom, one living room (no TV), a kitchen that's bigger than the one in my condo, and a bathroom. I have a washer/dryer in the kitchen under the sink. This place wouldn't have been my choice, but I had to take it over from a colleague (long story). For those of you who are thinking of coming to visit, I have to warn you about a couple of things:
- I'm on the 3rd floor and there are no elevators
- the stairs coming up to the third floor twist and turn and are relatively narrow
- the shower setup (and I've seen this before, but I don't get it) is weird. It's a tub with a piece of plexiglass that spans half the length of the tub, and swivels. They're expecting people to take baths, I guess...
- I'm next to train tracks, so it's pretty noisy. Good thing I'm a heavy sleeper.
Other than that it's not bad. It's clean, furnished, and there are lots of restaurants, shops and a market nearby. The big bonus is that it's within walking distance to work. London Bridge station is really close by, and it has direct trains to Gatwick which is where I'll be flying home from at the end of the month.
Gotta go and get some stuff from Ikea. Ciao for now!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home