Sunday, July 02, 2006

cruise recap


The cruise turned out to be just what the doctor ordered. It was a bit of everything: rest and relaxation, fun, quality time with the relatives, LOTS of eating, and of course, Adrienne and Keith's wedding. With the general inactivity and many trips to the buffet, I packed on a few pounds that I'm sure I'll lose with stress while I'm in London. This was only my second cruise, and I must say that it was a lot more fun going with a bunch of people. Thanks to my cousins Ted and Tiffany (aka Fufi) for putting up with me in that tiny little cabin. Way too many things happened for me to post in a blog entry, so here are some highlights and memories:

- winning $150 at Blackjack on the first night, and seeing all the aunts, uncles and cousins take over the Blackjack tables
- watching Uncle William win $400 in Texas Hold 'Em after being down to 700 in chips
- handing out Jamaican patties to strangers because we couldn't bring them onto the boat
- rock climbing on a boat
- snorkeling for the first time in my life
- petting the smooth underside of a stingray
- riding a Segway (takes some getting used to, but it was fun once you did)
- taking hip hop dance lessons (I SUCK!)
- finding out during a makeover class that I'm a "winter", and should get rid of all my gold =(
- sleeping in an interior cabin where you have no sense of time, and getting some much needed rest

I'm off to London tonight for 2 weeks, and then Germany for a week. I'll keep you all posted if there are any interesting developments. Ciao for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home