Thursday, October 15, 2009

Spring the Hotel Diva


Everyone who has known me for a while, knows that I hate camping and will only do it for very special occasions. Even on our cottaging trips, I am so glad when my friend Lisa is a staunch supporter of not "slumming it". I have been very fortunate over the years to have had the oppourtunity to travel to different parts of the world, and stay at some very nice places. In that time I have come to take some comforts/amenities for granted. The first 2 hotels that I have stayed at in Greece were decent and all, but not what I'm used to.

After enduring:
- what seemed to be an endless ride from the airport to Megaro Mousikis station,
- walking 1 kilometre with my ever-expanding luggage on narrow cobblestone sidewalks, and
- having to climb up stairs after checking in because the elevator was tiny,

I would have had a little tantrum if my room wasn't half decent.

To my delight, my room was absolutely amazing. Everything was clean, it was big, and the layout is efficient and smart. Wireless Internet access is free, and I have more than one English TV channel to watch. The water pressure in the shower was amazing, and JUST what the doctor ordered after a long day of travelling. I never felt clean in the other hotels, and haven't had a good night's sleep since arriving in Greece because of the terrible beds.

I almost feel compelled to justify my choices and behaviour, but I won't. I think it suffices to say that everyone is low maintenance in some respects, and high maintenance in others.

Now it's off to the new Acropolis museum (and maybe Syntagma Square). Next post will be from Malta. Ciao for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home